This page lists games I'm currently running or writing.
Fallout Shelter: Finding the Descenders
A side-scrolling Lego-based PbtA-hack role playing game based on the Fallout Shelter phone app game. The games is described in more detail here.
Distress on Life Liner 928
A space-based Lego dungeon crawls using Star Frontiers / Savage Worlds. The game is described in more detail here.
The Dungeon of Yendor
A series of fantasy-based Lego dungeon crawls using Savage Worlds, inspired by the old computer dungeon crawl Rogue. This was my first Lego-based creation, with modular pieces that come out one room at a time, in a very linear way. Other notable aspects of this one-off convention-type game:
- Music for both calm and combat ambiance, including tracks from Wes Otis' first kickstarter (see Plate Mail Games on DrivethurRPG for some of those).
- Using shared pools of character classes, skills, edges, and hindrances for the players to choose from (in this case printed on sticker paper so that the PCs can just peel and stick their choices to the pre-printed character sheets).
- A random assortment of monsters, obstacles, and treasures that could be pulled from to suit the particular group or game dynamics.
- A scoring system that depended on killing monsters, getting gold, and playing to the PCs "compulsions" (which they could secretly choose at the beginning, which allowed for some player conflict during the session).
- A high score list to track how people performed.
The word Dungeon in the title was filled in with the applicable holiday for that specific Strategicon in 2014 during which I ran it:
- The Valentine of Yendor: Played a few times around Strategicon Orccon 2014. The premise was that the PCs were thrown into a strange village, torn away from their love, and now must go into the depths of Yendor to return to their valentine.
- The Memory of Yendor: Played a few times around Strategicon Gamex 2014. The premise was that the PCs were on a battlefield and then lost consciousness and found themselves here, needing to descend into Yendor to return home.
- The Labours of Yendor: Played a few times around Strategicon Gateway 2014. The premise was that the PCs were part of Adventurer's Union 23, and that they were selected to bring the union demands to the boss of Dungeon Corp (who, incidentally, is a red dragon).